Modeling of Porous and random media.
From 1981 to 1987, I accumulated considerable experience in the numerical
BEM modeling of flows through porous hydraulic and coastal structures.
From 1987 to 1993, I worked in collaboration with A. Cheng (UoD), to develop
BEM models for poroelastic media flows.
More recently, as part of a collaboration with V. Roy (UoD), we developed
a new model for flows in stochastic porous media, in which the stochastic
aspects are treated a very innovative way. It is hoped that this currently
unfunded research will lead to successful support from funding agencies.
- S.T. Grilli : Ph.D, Associate Professor in OE, Principal investigator.
- R.V. Roy, : Ph.D, Associate
Professor, University of Delaware, 1993-.
- A.H-D Cheng: Ph.D,
Professor, University of Delaware, 1988-.
- A. Lejeune : Ph.D,
Professor, University of Liege, Belgium, 1980-1987.
- E. Bruch : Ph.D, University of Liege, Belgium, 1983-1987.
- Bruch, E., Grilli, S.T. and Lejeune, A. 1986 Computation of the Fluid
Flow in Zoned Anisotropic Porous Media and Determination of the Free Surface
Seepage. In Proc. 8th Intl. Conf. on Boundary Elements (BEM8, Tokyo,
Japan, September 86) (ed. M.Tanaka and C.A. Brebbia), pp. 889-903. Springer-Verlag,
- Bruch, E. and Grilli, S.T. 1987 Computation of the Transient Seepage
Problem in Zoned Anisotropic Porous Media. In Proc. 9th Intl. Conf.
on Boundary Elements (BEM9, Stuttgart, Germany, September 87) (ed.
C.A. Brebbia, G. Kuhn and W.L. Wendland), pp. 329-341. Springer-Verlag,
- Bruch, E. and Grilli, S.T. 1987 Computation of the Transient Flow in
Zoned Anisotropic Porous Media by the Boundary Element Method. Notes
on Numerical Fluid Mechanics, 21, 43-51.
- Grilli, S.T. 1989 Modeling of Some Elliptic Fluid Mechanics Problems
by the Boundary Element Method. Advances in Water Resources, 12
- Badmus, T., Cheng, A.H-D. and Grilli, S.T. 1993 A Laplace-transform-based
Three-Dimensional BEM for Poroelasticity. International Journal for
Numerical Methods in Engineering, 36 (1), 67-85.
- Cheng, A.H.-D., Grilli, S.T. and Lafe, O. 1993 Dual Reciprocity Boundary
Element Based on Complete Set Global Shape Functions. In Proc. 15th
Intl. Conf. on Boundary Elements in Engineering (BEM15, Worcester,
MA, August 1993)(ed. J. Rencis and C.A. Brebbia), Fluid Flow and Computational
Aspects, pp. 344-357. Computational Mechanics Publications, Elsevier Applied
Science. (invited paper)
- Cheng, A.H.-D., Lafe, O. and Grilli, S.T. 1994 Dual Reciprocity BEM
Based on Global Interpolation Functions. Engineering Analysis with Boundary
Elements 13 (4), 303-311.
- Roy, R.V., Schwartz, L.W., Cheng, A.H.-D., Grilli, S. and R. Ghanem
1995 One- and Two-Dimensional Probabilistic Analysis of Flow in Random
Porous Media by Stochastic Boundary Elements. Presented at the IABEM95
Intl. Symposium (Mauna Lani, Hawaii, August 1995).
- Roy, R.V. and Grilli, S.T. 1997 Probabilistic Analysis of Flow in Random
Porous Media by Stochastic Boundary Elements. Engineering Analysis with
Boundary Elements, 19(3), 239-255. [abstract]
Back to top of page